Last updated: (May 2018)
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Let’s Get Organised. For more information about us, see Section entitled ‘Details’.
This policy sets out what kinds of personal data we will collect from you, or that you provide to us, and explains how this will be processed, how we will store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
The Data Controller is Katie Childerhouse of 37 Redhill Drive, Bournemouth, BH10 6AG.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
The law of data protection sets out several different reasons for which an organisation may collect and process your personal data including: –
Consent – in specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you agree for us to take ‘before’ and ‘after’ photographs and these are used to demonstrate the services provided by Let’s Get Organised.
Contractual obligations – we need your personal details to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, we will collect the minimum amount of information required to be able to make appointments with you and visit your home for a scheduled professional organising and decluttering appointment(s).
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Contact details i.e. your full name, your address(es), your email address(es) and your telephone number(s).
- Information that you provide by filling in our enquiry form on letsgetorganised.co.uk (our site).
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys of your experience, which will be used for improving our services, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may take before and after photos of the areas organised/decluttered
- Where you have booked the services of Let’s Get Organised a signed and dated Terms & Conditions document, which will include your signature and the date.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
- When you have initiated contact via email, via our site letsgetorganised.co.uk, or over the phone.
- When you book an appointment with us.
- When you choose to complete surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our services.
- When you enter competitions
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect your personal data we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary and for the purpose for which it was collected.
We will hold your personal data for a period for 6 years after our last communication, after which we will consider you a past client and we will dispose of all your personal data.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
As Data Controller for Let’s Get Organised, we are required to keep all your personal data safe and secure. Your data is stored on:
- Our computer(s), which is password protected;
- Our mobile phone(s) which are password protected and which we use to access your information via our email accounts which are password protected.
In the case of any of these storage methods being stolen, breached, or hacked, we will do the following within 72 hours of discovering the incident:
- Notify the police if it is a physical theft or loss of my computer(s) or phone(s);
- Notify Zoho Mail (our email provider) if it is a case of email hacking.
In any of these cases, we will report the theft, breach or hack to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the Regulator for the UK, if the incident has a high likelihood of severity of a resulting risk to the affected clients’ rights and freedoms.
We would contact all clients whose personal data has been compromised and will provide advice to help the client protect themselves of any future breaches.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to:
- request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- change or update any or all the personal data that we hold about you;
- withdraw consent; and
- request disposal of any or all personal data that we hold about you.
The above will be carried out free of charge. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or 37 Redhill Drive, Bournemouth, BH10 6AG and we will respond to your request.
If you feel your personal data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with any response we have made to you concerning the use of your personal data, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 or go on line to www.ico.org.uk/concerns which is the regulator for the UK.
This website is owned and operated by Katie Childerhouse.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA238659, and our registered office is 37 Redhill Drive, Bournemouth, BH10 6AG.
You can contact us:
(a) by post, to 37 Redhill Drive, Bournemouth, BH10 6AG;
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on 07717129871; or
(d) by email, using firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Our data protection officer’s contact details are Katie Childerhouse, 37 Redhill Drive, Bournemouth, BH10 6AG.